Monday, June 15, 2009
21 No-Cost (or Extremely Low-Cost) Ways to Remind Your Special Other of How Much You Love Them
It's so easy, as we race through each day trying to accomplish an impossible number of tasks, to forget about those we love. Soon, and often unintentionally, one partner, or both, are left feeling unappreciated, overlooked and in need of some serious "TLC."
Logically, we all know that a relationship must receive attention if it is to grow. Realistically, few of us take the time to fan the relationship flames as often as we should. But help is on the way.
Showing your special someone how much you love them doesn't have to take a lot of time or cost a lot of money. In fact, it's better if it doesn't -- it's the little things that we remember most. So don't wait until next Valentine's Day to show your significant other that you love and appreciate them. Try to incorporate at least one of these romantic ideas into your partner's day, everyday (and when you've done them all, keep going by creating your own, or repeat the cycle!)
1) Cook them their favorite meal. Have it ready to go when they walk in the door, complete with candles.
2) Leave a note for your special other (or tuck one into a lunch/briefcase) telling them how much you care.
3) Try your hand at a love poem that includes special memories only the two of you share. Leave it somewhere unexpected.
4) Make your partner a CD of "your" songs. Have it playing when they come home.
5) If married, have your wedding vows framed and give it to your spouse "just because."
6) On a cold day, warm up their car for them.
7) Volunteer to do their share of the housework so they can relax.
8) Let them sleep in.
9) Pamper your significant other by running a bath for them. Include bath salts, candles, and soft music, then wash their hair
10) Give your partner a massage (before they ask for it).
11) Bring them lunch at work.
12) Stop to say hello, kiss and hug every time you come in the front door.
13) Pack a lunch and take your special someone on a surprise picnic or walk in the woods. Or, pack a desert and go stargazing.
14) Flirt with them.
15)Hold his or her hand.
16) Bring them a blanket or sweater if they look cold.
17) Tell them you love and appreciate them, don't just assume they know.
18) Create your own holiday, then surprise your significant other with a celebration. This could be: "Happy 18 days since your last cigarette," a 2.5-year anniversary, or "I Love You More Than Ever Day."
19) Leave a flower and a note on the windshield of their car.
20) Cuddle for at least five minutes in the morning before getting out of bed.
21) Purchase them a small, but meaningful, gift such as their favorite gourmet coffee, a pair of warm socks because their feet are always cold, a book on tape for them to listen to while stuck in traffic, etc.
These little occasional gestures mean so much and are great memories waiting to be made.